This month I’m feeling lovey and I’m excited to be getting married soon! Relationships are a HUGE part of healthy living, are they not? Romantic or otherwise, the people in our lives have the biggest impact on our overall health and happiness.
Tonight, I felt like making a list. We are getting married in 28 days on the 28th of October and here I have 28 random facts about Nick and I’s relationship…
- We were both in the Mankato West 2003 graduating class but we never spoke in high school.
- We “met” a decade later on Match.com
- The first time we spoke actual words to each other was at Blue Bricks in Mankato, MN.
- The first show we binge watched together was ‘Dexter’.
- He planned a surprise birthday party for me when I turned 28 (a couple months after we met) but not when I turned 30. That’s the honeymoon stage for ya..
- I planned a zip lining excursion for his 30th but admittedly didn’t even get him a card for his recent 32nd birthday. So basically we’re not very consistent with the birthday thing.
- Anyone who has met us in the last 2 years assumes we met because we’re both fitness instructors but the truth is, he became a BODYPUMP instructor 6 months after we started dating. I like to think that I “discovered” him.
8. My sister had (still has?) a “celebrity crush” on his sister, Mollie, who is a superstar performer. I joke that I’m only marrying him because I know she’ll be internationally famous one day and I want claims to her stardom.
- We rescued a husky together after 7 months of dating, it was almost our demise, but now we can’t imagine our life without him.
- He cooks and I clean. It’s just better for everyone that way.
- He’s an extroverted introvert while I’m a straight up extrovert.
- He pretends not to like my little shih-tzu, Rowan, who I had before I met him, but I know he secretly loves her. It’s all an act.
- We spend more time talking to each other in the “voices” of our dogs than we do actually talking in our regular voices.
- We got engaged on the “Top of the Rock” (Rockefeller Center) in New York City and his sister got it on video. I will give him mad props for the rest of his life for such a great proposal.
- I totally knew it was coming but that didn’t make it any less awesome.
- The first movie we watched together was “Pitch Perfect”, we’re both obsessed with it.
- Neither of us has a tattoo which seems rare these days.
- We’re both way too competitive and shouldn’t be allowed to play board games together. But we do it anyways. It’s an issue.
- Nick is a fox and I’m a hedgehog. Meaning that he has many interests and likes to do a lot of different things while I have a few things I’m super into and those are the only things I like to do.
- If Nick could change 3 things about me he’d want me to be a die-hard Vikings fan, he’d want me to enjoy camping, and he’d want me to like beer. I just don’t have much enthusiasm for any of these things.
- We do share a mutual love for the Minnesota Wild.
- Nick once told me that what he loves about me most is “the way you carry yourself” and that is one of my favorite compliments.
- I knew as soon as I met his family that I fit right in. I’ve never once felt like I had to be anything but myself around them.
- Nick fits right in with my family too. Also, our dads are like the same person.
- Our favorite place to relax and unwind is up in Ely, Minnesota at the cabin.
- We’re both really good at bean bags (corn hole, whatever you call it). Well okay, Nick’s better than me but as a team we’re pretty hard to beat.
- Investing in thorough pre-marital counseling has been the best thing we’ve ever done for our relationship. I think we’ve grown more as a couple in the 6 months we’ve been engaged than in the 3 years that we dated before that.
- We’ve gone through some ups and downs over the years and have almost broken up a time or two, most of it in the first couple years. By no means are we a perfect couple. But I always just had a feeling….