My sister and her husband, Alex.
1. Check out Groupon. When you’re lacking inspiration for something to do, let Groupon do the work for you! I just googled “Groupon San Diego: Things To Do” and this weekend I have the option of going whale watching, taking a harbor cruise, renting segways or going to the automotive museum. Now you probably won’t find me at the automotive museum but I like knowing that I have the option. All of those I might add are $25 or less.
2. Go for a hike. Ahh hiking, one of my favorite activities. It feels SO good to get outside, clear your head and spend some quality time with your honey and nature. Living in San Diego I’m fortunate to have some pretty extraordinary hikes, but you don’t need mountains to have a good hike. I think you’d be surprised to find some great hiking trails near your city. Hiking requires little planning, (well the short ones at least). A water bottle and some snacks and you’re all set.
3. Explore a new town. Maybe it’s even the town or city right next to yours. Take a walk in their downtown, go to some shops and stop somewhere for a bite to eat. Some of my favorite weekends are when Alex and I visit a town close to ours and spend the afternoon exploring. When we lived in Virginia, it took us over a year to finally visit the small town of Smithfield that was only a short 40 minute drive away. We absolutely adored this place and couldn’t figure out what took us so long to get off our butts and check it out!
4. Watch the sunset. This one is great because ANYONE can do it. It doesn’t matter who you are or where you live, the sun will set. Scout out a location to bring a picnic basket and a blanket and head out an hour before sunset to enjoy the views and each other’s company.
5. Attend a festival or event. I will admit that I’m really bad about looking into these but there are festivals all the time for all sorts of crazy things! I just looked up events happenings this weekend in San Diego and I already have a ton of amazing options: Star Gazing at Mission Trails, Healthy Living Festival in Del Mar and a Cactus and Succulent Sale and Workshop and that’s just to name a few. Those all sound entertaining and FREE!
Well friends, I just went from having no plans this weekend to having five adventurous, romantic and fun options! How will I ever decide? I hope you can use these five ideas to fill in those weekends where you have nothing planned!
What do you have going on this weekend? I’d love to hear about your plans!
Until next time,